Finally, a command
line shell for the 90s
fish is a smart and user-friendly command line
shell for OS X, Linux, and the rest of the family.
Teach me to fishTutorial Documentation FAQ
Installs to /usr/local/
brew install fish
No installation required
fish.app bundles the fish shell with an AppleScript that launches it in Terminal.
Nothing is installed.
fish is available in setup,
in the Shells category
./configure; make; sudo make install
File size: 2.2 MB
- 2.2.0, released July 12, 2015
- 2.1.2, released February 24, 2015 (tarball)
- 2.1.1, released September 26, 2014 (tarball - note that there are known issues on OS X)
- 2.1.0, released October 28, 2013 (tarball - note that there are known security vulnerabilities)
- 2.0.0, released May 17, 2013 (tarball - note that there are known security vulnerabilities)
fish development is hosted on github
. To clone the git repository:
git clone git://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell.git
Build instructions are provided at the bottom of the github page